1-10 DAACB DCBCA
Section B Compound Dictation
S8. Equivalent German models tend to be heavier and slightly less easy to use.
S9. Similarly, it is smaller than most of its competitors, thus fitting easily into a pocket or a handbag.
S10. The only problem was slight awkwardness in loading the film.
1. Woman: You've sold your car. you don't need one?
Man: Not really. I've never liked drive anyway. Now we'd moved to a place near the subway. We can get about quite conveniently
Q: What do we learn from the conversation?
2. Man: I'm going to drop my information science class. It needs too early in the morning.
Woman: Is that really the good reason to drop the class, tiny?
Q: What does the woman mean?
3. Woman: If you are to doing anything particular, shall we see the new play at the grand theater tonight?
Man: Sounds great. But I've got to go over my notes for tomorrow's midterm.
Q: What does the woman imply?
4. Man: what do you think of the prospects for online education? Is it going to replace the traditional school?
Woman: I doubt it. Schools are hate to stay. Because they are much more than just book learning. Even known more and more kids are going online, I believe fewer of them will quit school altogether.
Q: what does the woman think of the conventional schools?
5: M: How do most students find a job after they graduate?
W: They usually look for a job by searching the want at newspapers.
Q: what does the woman mean?
6. M: Elien is in the basment trying to repair the washing machine.
W: She isn't going to working his term paper?
Q" What does woman think Elen should do?
7. W: Prof e, a few of us at the back didn't get your copy of reading as assignment.
M: well, there r only 38 names on my class list. And I didn't bring any spare copies.
Q: what do we learn from the conversation?
8. M: Congratulations, Liming, you are the talk of the town at the pride of our class now.
w: If you are fine to my winning of the English speech contest, I don't think it's such a big deal. You know I've spent 2 summer vacations learning English in Canada.
Q: what do we learn about liming from the conversation?
9. m: Would u pass me the sports section plz?
w: Sure, If you give me the classified ads and local-news section.
Q: what are the speakers doing?
10. W: If the weather is this hot tomorrow, we may as well give up the idea of playing tennis in the afternoon.
M: o. I don't think it'll last long. The weather forecast says it will cloud-over by mid-afternoon
Q: What does the man mean?
There are a lot of good cameras available at the moment. Most of these are made in Japan. But there are also good quality models from Germany and the USA. We have investigated an arrange of models to see which the best value for money. After a number of different tests and interviews with people who are familiar with different cameras being accessed, our researchers recommend the Olympic BY model as the best auto=focus camera available at the moment. It costs 200 dollars although you may well want to spend more. perhaps as much as another 200 dollars on buying additional and other equipment. It is a good Japanese camera easy to use, equivalent German models tend to be heavier and slightly less easy to use, while the American versions are considerably more expensive. The Olympic BY model weighs only 320 grams, which is quite a bit less than other cameras of the similar type. Indeed, one of the other models we looked at weigh almost twice as much. Similarly, it's smaller than most of its competitors thus fitting easily into a pocket or handbag. All the people we interviewed expressed almost total satisfaction with it. The only problem was slight awkwardness in loading the film.